Monday 12 January 2009

I love pie and you can tell I'm a food blogger because...

You can tell I'm a food blogger because... the only pictures I have of New Years Day are of food, albeit not very good ones!

Creamy Chicken, Bacon and Leek Pie made with love, as you can see from the hearts...

4-6 chicken thighs depending on size (4 large, 6 small)
one onion, peeled and finely diced
one small packet of cubed pancetta
one large leek, peeled and very finely sliced
1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
1 cup of double cream

1 packet of shortcrust pastry unless you're a domestic goddess and make your own. I need lessons!

Gently fry the onions in a little oil, add the bacon and chicken and cook for approx 5 mins, then add the leeks and cook for a further 5 mins. Add the cream and mustard and stir through, warm for a few minutes before transferring to a pie dish, then top with the rolled out pastry, making shapes if that's what floats your boat. Cook in a pre-heated oven (170C) for approx 30-40 mins.

10 comments:

FH said...

That is one good looking pie too, glad you are a foodie! Enjoy! :))

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

LOL...me too! I have a photo of an apple pie...and Little Man cutting up the apples...but that's it :)

Cottage Smallholder said...

I love pies! And hearts.

This sounds delicious Amanda. Can't wait to try making it.

Sara said...

Cute! Love the little hearts. And the recipe sounds delicious.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Beautiful pie!
;) my photos are heavily leaning to food ;)

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Hi Asha, I love anything with pastry, so good for the arteries. ;)

Hi CC, what are we like - do you think the kids will look back and ask why so many pictures of food?!

Hi Fiona, I love hearts too, and stars.

Hi Sara, I don't normally do fancy shapes but I think I might start doing it all the time now.

Hi Tanna, I think I might have to make a concious effort to take pics of people more. ;)

Thank you for your comments.
Amanda x

Betty Carlson said...

Chicken, bacon and leek pie sounds awesome. These are a few of my favorite things...

Jenny said...

I can't laugh, it sounds too much like me!

Ah well, it could be worse, there could be so many other things we could take pictures of that are not nearly as good as taking pictures of food. :-)

Anonymous said...

That looks so good, are the thighs skinned and boned

I love pie! said...

I love pie possibly more than anyone in North Amercia (I can't speak for the other continents)...
And I have to tell you that for a commercial grade pie (ie not straight from grandma's oven)... Mrs Sullivans rocks! You should check em out!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs