Wednesday 7 January 2009

Coffee Baileys, Baileys Coffee, Baileys with a hint of Coffee...?

Baileys very kindly sent me a bottle of Baileys with a hint of coffee before Christmas and I've had every good intention of making something with it but I can't stop drinking it. I've made everybody who has entered the house taste it (with the exception of children of course!), I wasn't that generous with my measures, using the excuse that I needed to cook with it... The verdict so far - very positive.

Being honest, I'd stopped drinking Baileys and hadn't really had a Baileys on its own for years, if I did have one or two, preferring it with sambuca, a cocktail known as (avert your eyes if you're of a sensitive nature) a slippery nipple, or Baileys with coffee flavoured liquers like Kahlua or Tia Maria, now produced by Pernod Ricard - isn't everything now?

By coincidence I had a very delicious Baileys cheesecake the evening before I got the e-mail from the lovely Baileys PR lady and had wanted to try making it at home, and I will, at some point, though having seen the efforts of Spitton Extra here and Trainee Domestic Goddess here, I think I may have to try making Baileys coffee cream pots first, (recipe by James Martin).

When drinking Baileys with a hint of coffee, instead of cooking with it, the coffee flavour is subtle and in my opinion better than Baileys with Kahlua or Tia Maria which I've had my share and somebody else's in the past so I am definitely speaking from experience.

WARNING: Too much alcohol can blurrr your vision,
just enough so you don't see the dust!

Well done Baileys and of course thank you!

13 comments:

FH said...

Is that Irish Cream with alcohol or something like that? I think somebody gave it us last year for X mas,was too creamy for our liking. This year it's Jamaican Banana Rum liqueur,yet to open it! :D

Happy new year to you, enjoy.

Jules said...

The bottle has gone down very well in my house too. I love the star ice cubes!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

We'd be drinking it not cooking with it in my house.

Kelly-Jane said...

I've not seen that, but it sounds good and the cream pots sound really delicious :)

Andrew said...

If you do make the pots be sure to make the shortbread to go with them too - the combination is devine.

glamah16 said...

I wish I would get Baileys samples in the mail. I imagine it would be great in baking projects.Cute ice cubes.

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Hi Asha, yes you're right. Jamacican banana rum liquer sounds good! Happy New Year to you. x

Hi Jules, the star ice cubes are one big star with 3 little ones on top. I found the mold in TKMaxx and love it.

Hi Tanna, I'm glad to hear that!

Hi Kelly-Jane, it's really good, try it if you can.

Hi Andrew, thanks, I'll definitely try making them soon, with the shortbread.

Hi Coco, it was perfect timing as it was a few days before Christmas.

Thank you for your comments.
Amanda x

Marie Rayner said...

oh, you are so lucky to get these freebies Amanda!! I am not so lucky. I used to love a little Bailey's on ice. I bet this coffee one would make fabulous tiramisu.

Trig said...

It's at times like this that I begin to question myself for having taken such a purist line on my blog about not endorsing products and services for promotional purposes. Mind you, I did once get a package from Hotel Chocolat that never got sent back. Shhh!

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Hi Marie, we were very lucky indeed and I definitely love it with ice.

Hi Aidan, I though about going the purist route and then thought - NA! hehe! Hope all well?

Thanks for your comments.
Amanda x

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Oh, I do adore Bailey's. The husband and I often enjoy it on the rocks during winter evenings. And Bailey's cheesecake...don't even get me started...

Karen Baking Soda said...

Oh yes to all of that, and please pour ahead. And while you're at it I'd love to sample the cake/creampots/etc. Would it disguise not-completely-covered wallpainting as well? (yikes..the color I'm trying to hide behind clear crispy white is very much like Baileys...)

Maggie said...

Every weekend after dinner, I have a Bailey's coffee. Or another favourite of mine is Bailey's on the rocks. Hope you enjoyed your Bailey's.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs