Thursday 26 April 2007

Muddy Puddle Puddings

and here they are... at first the boys wanted to play in real muddy puddles until I suggested we make muddy puddles of the chocolate variety. I'd never force them to cook but a little gentle coercion never goes amiss.

Scrumptious chocolate puddings that I could eat for breakfast, lunch & dinner. I measured everything out and apart from the oven part Little and Small did everything else.

We used beautiful little white porcelain pots that originally came full of chocolate fondant from the Serious Food Company at Waitrose. I'm a marketing persons dream!

Pudding Mix
65g self raising flour
4 tbsp decent cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
80g butter (at room temp)
80g soft brown sugar
3 eggs

Sauce Mix
3 tbsp cocoa powder
50g soft brown sugar
200ml hot water

First pre-heat the oven to 180C, then make the sauce - Mix the cocoa and sugar in a bowl, add a little water and mix to a paste. Gradually add the rest of the water.
Then make the pudding by mixing all of the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Here's the fun part you can mix it with your hands or you can use a wooden spoon. (The children love doing this with their hands – obviously! If you're going to go for this option I would suggest they do it in just a t.shirt with an apron over.)

Pour and scrape the pudding mixture into the oven-proof dish & cover with the sauce.

If doing individual puddings half fill with the pudding mix, then add just enough sauce to cover. There needs to be enough room for them to rise. Place the dish on baking tray in the middle of the oven. Bake for 12 minutes. The puddings should have risen well by then.

They're magical as the sauce is on the bottom and the cakey pudding is on the top. Warning - Let it cool before you try or it can scald your mouth! Today we ate these as they are, we have eaten with custard, ice cream or cream. Anywayhow they're delicious!

5 comments:

Kelly-Jane said...

They look delicious! Love your little pots too, I'm a hoarder of pretty pots and dishes as well.

That's clever too to get the little ones to make muddy puddles, I'll have to remember that one!

Anonymous said...

Love the puddings and the little pudding cup thingies that you used! I was posting the same recipe as you tommorrow morning, except mine is called chocolate Fudge pudding cake so bear in mind when you read it I wasn't copying you!!! I'd change it now but I have it all ready to go. Oh well, GREAT minds obviously think alike! Love the pictures of your wee ones as well. I am so glad to see you have mastered the art of posting pictures! I have an e-blogger account but could never manage to get around it technologically and have my journal look the way I wanted it to!

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Thanks Kelly Jane. They are pretty yummy. My friend came for coffee this morning and we had one each.

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Hi Marie, Great minds do think alike. It was the same with your coleslaw - tried your recipe which was yummy!

Truffle said...

Your little ones are very lucky indeed. Those puddings look delish!

Thanks for all your lovely comments. I've added a link to your brilliant blog.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs