Wednesday 13 June 2007

Sooner than I thought... Little Foodies Australia

That was a quick one... the males in the house woke up feeling fit, healthy and very hungry. I can quite honestly see myself and my husband with a business and several jobs on the side just to feed them when they're older. After they'd performed their 'plague of locusts have been in the fridge trick' I decided to cook Bill Granger's famous scrambled eggs. I wish I hadn't they are superb.

The recipe is widely available in books, old magazines or for free at the UKTV Food website but suggests you use 2 eggs, 80ml/2 1/2 fl oz/1/3 cup pouring cream, pinch of salt and 10g/1/4 oz butter. You whisk everything but the butter together in a bowl and melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan. You then pour the whisked egg mix into the frying pan and cook gently, slowly bringing the outside into the middle as it cooks. He suggests that you fold the eggs not scramble them. I have to say I'm not a big scrambled egg fan, until today. Now though, I could eat Bill's scrambled eggs every day, especially with the additional slices of fresh red chilli that I had on mine.... Mmmmm! A hit with Little, Small said he wanted my scrambled eggs. He's been disagreeable about a lot of things today so we'll try it this way again.

16 comments:

Truffle said...

They look as wonderful as Bill's own. What a great choice of dish! Congratulations on the Daily Tiffin :)

Anonymous said...

Love scrambled eggs (actually love eggs in general)...saw this recipe and your picture looks perfect! Must try!

Pat said...

Glad you all are feeling better. And thanks for the help with the new cooker. I went wit a local shop, but I did look at them on the website you suggested and knew exactly what I wanted to buy this time. And it is being delivered next week!! Thanks!!!!Oh those eggs look really scrummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're all feeling better! And those eggs, well, yumm!!! There is an art to making perfect scrambed eggs and it looks like you've cracked it! (pardon the pun! hehe)

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Hi Truffle, Now that is praise indeed. Thank you..

Hi Joey, If you love eggs then definitely try it. I'll be eating more scrambled eggs from now on that's for sure.

Hi Pat, Thank you. Hope the website helped. It took me forever to choose a cooker. I really wanted an AGA but we had so much renovation work to do that the expense just seemed crazy. It would have looked beautiful but we wouldn't have been able to afford to buy the food to cook in it.

Hi Marie, Thank you. I think I have cracked it indeed. hehehe :)

Thank you.
Amanda

Aimée said...

I wish more people out there manning the stoves in your average breakfast joint had this recipe! Looks yummy!

Kelly-Jane said...

I like to eat scrambled eggs (with cream in them as you've done), but I hardly ever think ok cooking them! Yours looks great.

FH said...

I love Scrambed eggs too.I love Aussie Macaroons too!
Have you tried the Indian style Bhurji? I have it in the recipe Index.

Cynthia said...

Amanda, my mom used to say that she would rather clothed us than feed us! (lol)

Your eggs look so rich and with a little chilie, sweeeet!

Today is my best friend, Susan's birthday and one of her presents was breakfast so I made her baked eggs with toast.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Amanda, I would gladly eat this everyday, too! It looks so delicious!

You are such a caring mother.

Cottage Smallholder said...

I love the idea of fresh chilli o scrambled eggs. Inspirational, but that's what I'd expect from you Amanda.

Hope you all are feeling 100% now.

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Hi Aimee, Thank you

Hi Kelly-Jane, I definitely think I'll be cooking them more often now.

Hi Asha, I have eaten scrambled eggs like that for breakfast at my sister in laws parents house in Dublin - superb!

Hi Cynthia, I checked out your baked eggs, superb. We make baked eggs but a la flamenca style - simple easy meal in one pot dish.

Hi Patricia, Thank you, that's really very kind.

Hi Cottage Smallholder, Thank you. It did pep them up a bit. They didn't really need it but you know how it is.

Thank you for all of your comments.
Amanda

Nora B. said...

Hi Amanda, I've posted a few things from Bill. You can also find more recipes here: http://www.bills.com.au/recipes/index.htm

If you like pancakes, try his ricotta pancakes.

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Hi Nora, Thanks, I'll check out your Bill posts and the Bill website. I've kept being drawn to the ricotta pancakes, might have do them for brunch tomorrow. Thanks again. Amanda

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Glad to hear the boys are all feeling better again. Those scrambled eggs look just perfect Amanda.

Anonymous said...

i go to bill's for breakfast every chance i get. his ricotta hotcakes are also superb.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs