Tuesday 4 September 2007

No food for the food blog but a little update...

Thank you for all your lovely comments on yesterday's post. I can't say enough how much they meant but I really appreciate them.

First day over and done with...

First to be dropped off was Little and though an expert he actually shed a few tears as they were all lined up ready to go in. I guess it's something to do with missing the last 2 weeks of school before the summer holidays due to not being 100% healthwise. So he hasn't been at school for 2 months. At his age that's a life time and I just wanted to scoop him up and bring him home. I didn't of course!

This was not a brilliant start and I had to gather myself together for the drive to take Small to nursery. We arrived he said I had to stay, I said I couldn't, he said I had to, I said that all the parents had to go and the children stayed to play. With that he started talking to the little boy next to him and didn't even say goodbye.... He had great fun and when I collected him a few hours later they said that you'd never have guessed it was his first day.... Let's just hope he was on top form for good behaviour and not at the other end of the scale.... I did ask the names of his new friends and he said LaLa and Tarzan.... When Hubby asked him again this evening... he repeated the same thing.. Now I'm all for different names but not sure they were real...

Little had a great day too and when I asked how much he likes his new teacher... he couldn't sing her praises highly enough. That's a big deal for us and as I really like her too - a result!

I've had 2 glasses of red wine and no chocolate. 1 glass for each of them, so didn't need the booze AND chocolate afterall.

Thank you again for all the lovely comments. It really meant a lot to get them. x

18 comments:

Aimée said...

I'm so happy for you, Amanda! (You're giving me a positive glimpse of what I'll be going through one day). I didn't leave a lovely comment for you on the last one, but I saw you were on the right track with the wine and the chocolate. :) Glad things worked out, thanks for sharing...

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Happy day. I'd go for the wine any day.

Karen Baking Soda said...

Good Amanda! Glad they did so well (and you too :-)) I remember when the twins got into kindergarten for the first time I didn't know how to feel/behave...elated with a few hours of rest or saddened by the silence in the house.
Moms are funny creatures.

Truffle said...

Oh goodness what a momentous day! I'm glad it went well and thanks for sharing it with us :)

David Hall said...

Awww. Well done. I can associate, my daughter started nursery school recently. Took her back for 1st day this morning and she was demanding to go to 'big school'! So I don't think I'm going to have any problems with her judging by her big gob this morning!

Cheers
David

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

They grow up so fast...and we just have to find ways to deal with it...like red wine :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you've gotten through this day well! :) I'll raise a glass of wine for you!

slush said...

Oh boy, I so know how you feel. My oldest started kinder last week, then my middle started preschool yesterday. It was almost too much for me! They both were so ready. Not even a goodbye was muttered. No turning back. I was hurt at first, but then I realized how good it was that they were able to go without a scene!

xoxo

Joanna said...

Funny how the thing you were worried about went without a hitch, and the thing you hadn't thought about caused a little hiccup. Hope the week goes on getting better ...

Joanna

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Aimee, you'll do great, just you wait and see.

Tanna, now there I'd have a quandary. I'd be hard pressed to choose anything over chocolate.

Karen, we're certainly that!

Truffle, it was that, thank you.

David, that made me laugh. Glad she's doing well.

Caffienated Cowgirl, they do grow up so fast. Hope your move is going well.

Joey, Thank you, appreciate that.

Slush, Very hard, but what a great job they were that confident to go off without a backwards glance.

Joanna, isn't that often the way.

Thank you for your comments.
Amanda x

Pat said...

Awww Amanda thanks for updating us all on their first day back and first day!!! Glad it went well!!!

Pig in the Kitchen said...

Hurrah! HOpe the second day passed off as well as the first. And no chocolate, well done!
Pigx

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Ah, thank you Pat and Pig.

Second day went fine too! Yipppeeee!

Amanda x

Kelly-Jane said...

Thank goodness! It makes it a lot easier when they're happy about the change :)

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Hi Kelly-Jane, doesn't it just!

Nora B. said...

I'm glad to hear that it all went well. I would have had the vino AND choc... :-)

Cynthia said...

I am so happy to hear it all went well. Yay!

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Hi Nora and Cynthia,
Thank you
Amanda x

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs